Digital Photo Editing and Drawing is one of those multimedia applications which require a lot of user interactions to achieve a given task.Thisproposal is for a multi-touch based photo manipulator and drawing application that would take advantage of the speedier,fewer and more intuitive inputs of a multi-touch surface thus enhancing the productivity of the user.
The focus is to explore new interactions & developing UI widgets for PyMT framework which would be reusable for other applications.This is a Google Summer of code 2009 project
To put it simple NUIPaint is a photo editing/drawing software built to utilize multi-touch input capabilities of modern hardware.Its an on going project with 0.1 version being just released.
The 0.1 Version consists of following features
- Support for editing wide range of filetypes(Pyglet core)
- Support for collaborative editing (Multiple Window)
- Multitouch Gestures based interface
- Support for super fast GLSL Filters
- Support for Layer based editing
- Copy/Cut/Paste Support
- Wide range of brushes